Μaria Chatzi, author of the ebook “Ο magikos kirios Kolotoumpas grafei istories”, shares with us step-by-step instructions to create the volcano bookmark, inspired by the fairy-tale “To sinachomeno ifaisteio” by Evridiki Amanatidou!
What about the materials?
- a small piece of paper, color: white, dimensions: 7x9 cm
- a strip of thick craft paper, color: dark blue (night sky shade), dimensions: 5,5x13 cm
- crayons (colors: gray and brown), markers (colors: brown, gray, red, yellow, orange)
- 4 pieces of knitting wool (colors: 2 red, 2 orange,
12 cm long each)
- hole puncher for paper
1. Use your pencil to draw a volcano on the small piece of white paper. Give your volcano a face too. If you like, you could copy my design from picture 1.
2. Color your volcano with the crayons and markers.
3. To continue, cut it out with your scissors and glue it on the lower part of the strip of dark blue craft paper, as you can see in picture 2. Wait till the glue dries.
4. Then, open a hole on the upper part of your bookmark, using the hole puncher for paper. Pass the knitting wool pieces through this hole and tie all of them together, so as to form a tassel, as shown in picture 3.
5. Trim the tassel to preferred length.
Your volcano bookmark is ready to decorate your book!
Maria Chatzi has graduated from the department of English Language and Literature of Aristotle University of Thessaloniki and has worked as a teacher of English. She is also a self-taught artist, she designs crafts for kids and adults, jewelry and other home décor items. She’s been a creativity enthusiast for over fifteen years now. She writes articles and activities on Creative Writing and Craft projects, offline and online.
She spends a great deal of her time volunteering for public libraries in
, where she offers creative courses, mainly creative writing and crafts for kids. She also teaches jewelry making and various techniques for crafting with recycled materials. Thessaloniki
Both her contribution to public libraries and the publication of this mini ebook, with a Creative Commons License, are an offer of free services for the common good in the local community and an effort to promote Creativity.